Thursday, April 1, 2010

Productive Day

Yesterday was a very productive day! Yay! It started with all the usual suspects - baby stuff, nappies, washing etc, then Ashley took me out for Sushi for lunch and we finally got me a new awl at Bunnings - it is not the same as my other one and not as cool and it came with other crap that I don't want but had to pay for but ... I have a new awl and can finish the scrapbook page I have had laid out on the desk for a week. Yay!

The afternoon/evening continued to be productive, I had a BIG sort out! I plan to go through my crafting stuff while at scrapcamp next week and can spread it all out and have been excitedly anticipating this and am keen to get started. Soooo ... I decided to channel this culling mood into sorting out some other stuff. I went through lots of boxes and culled out lots of stuff - you know, the stuff you keep for no real reason. I invoked the thought: just because I am getting rid of the things doesn't mean the memories that go with them are gone.

I bullied Ashley into joining in with my sorting and we went through the DVD shelves - why do DVDs exist? To be watched - not to sit on a shelf! We did a big cull of these and they went into a box to send down to our friend Mark at Real Groovy Wellington, he does a huge business in trade ins and we can get cash or store credit for our no longer used goodies. Store credit at Real Groovy becomes really attractive when you discover that you can order BOOKS from there!

I also prepared 4 packages for posting, get excited and keep an eye on the post box if you are: Nicola Bellhouse, Poppa, Ryan Seabright or Gyspy.

Hmmmm, what else did I sort? The box that is unoffically titled 'I will make something out of that one day'. This box got fully upended only a very few things have survived, and they will be offically moving into my crafting stash instead of living in their own box where they get forgotten. Hopefully some of my scrapbooking friends can make use of the bag of things that have exited this box when it makes an appearance at scrapcamp next week.

The day was topped off by an exploded water pipe! And a huge flood! I put my gumboots on and went and helped out down stairs but the child in me wanted to put my togs on and have a slip'n'slide!


What a day!

3 comments:

  1. I love days like that and holy cow on the water!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeay you on the decluttering. that water sure didn't look like much fun.

    ReplyDelete