Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Night Away

Ashley had to go to Taupo for a location recky on Monday. I suggested to him that since I am on maternity leave now that I come along and we go down on Sunday and have a night away. So we had a look and found a bargin on http://www.wotif.com/ and headed away for the night. When we got to Huka Falls Resort we were pleased to discover that it wasn't just a hotel room in a building but instead they had all these cute little chalet's set in a beautiful area.






We had a great night away, just relaxing, with no pressure to do anything. We shared delicious fish and chips with a couple of ducks beside the lake at sunset and then I curled up with my book and Ashley played his guitar ... nice!


In the morning we had the yummiest scrambled eggs in the onsite restaurant and then headed off to check out the locations. The first one was just up the road:




This horse jump at the location was chest high and I sat up there reading my book while Ashley did his work things. Sounds simple right? ... not so much! It was quite a mission to get me up there! It would have been very funny to watch.

Off to the next location which was near the half way shop (a place from Ashley's childhood) and another gorgeous area. Then we settled in for the drive home and made it just in time for band practise - yay!

A great night away.


No comments:

Post a Comment