Thursday, July 15, 2010

Blue Camo

Well, we are back from camp and happy but tired (well I am tired - Vienna is fine!). When I make some space on my computer to download the photos from the camera I have lots of cool things to show you but for now and the next few days let me share some other things that I already have photos of on the computer.

Have you seen my blue camo painting?

A couple of years ago we went duvet shopping, I have always hated the duvet cover that we had and in true Wendy style just made do with it anyway but I asked my Mum for money for Christmas to put towards a new duvet cover. The brief when we left the house was a plain simple duvet cover - not highly patterned (I don't really do patterns on most stuff). But somehow we left the shop the proud owners of a blue camo duvet cover ??? I was so amused by the fact that we 2 grown adults had just purchased a camo duvet cover that we stopped on the way home and bought a canvas, some blue paint, some army toys and in the following few weeks made this:





Some of the shapes have Raglan sand around the edges, there is also blue eyelets and stitching, and cool army toys sewn to the canvas. I was able to take the helicopter apart and sew on half of it, and the rotor blades stand out from the canvas. If you look closely at the bottom you will see that one of the soldiers has escaped from his stitching and is one a wierd angle, shooting up at the sky! I guess I better fix that. The dog tags have our names on them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment