Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mini Easter Egg Butter Cookies

I made these tiny (1 inch) butter cookies for Vienna to take to daycare and share with her teachers and friends for Easter.

I didn't have a mini egg cutter so used an oval and pinched the top edges. I then used royal icing to do wet on wet icing for the first time. I loved the way the colours melted into each other - it was so sweet. They weren't all perfect but for a first time I was pretty happy. I think I will keep an eye out for a mini egg cutter though - less steps just makes things easier!



I packaged 5 each into plastic shot glasses and added a cellophane circle and rubber band (I use pre-cut circles sold at the supermarket for preserves/jam etc they are just a few dollars and I love that they are ready to go).



Then found an Easter clip art in similar colours, printed it out on linen paper, added the 'From Vienna' and used a glue dot to stick them to the top.


SUPER CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment