Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fabric Crafts

I finally finished this little treat for Vienna and Lucy (the doll). I have been working on these for a long time, they are officially for Vienna's birthday this year but because she doesn't read my blog you can have a sneak peak now.


First I made the little fabric bag with a drawstring top and stamped it WIPES with staz-on ink.

And cut out some little fabric wipes - they are like the ones Vienna uses.

Then I made a change mat, just like Vienna's one. I forgot to get a photo of the other side but it is cute Winnie the Pooh waterproof fabric that Louise sent us over from Melbourne, then a layer of thin padding and the inside white fabric. I sewed these layers together and added seams going across where it folds into thirds (to make it easy for Vienna to see where to fold it) and then added the bright pink satin ribbon around the edge as a binding. Lastly I added a little bit of velcro to hold it closed.




Lucy fits on it perfectly!


It was definitely a labour of love as it is all hand sewn (i don't own a sewing machine), but I am really happy with it so it was worth it.


Perhaps I will need to make a nappy bag next so Vienna has somewhere to keep them along with Lucy's changes of clothes.

P.S. the outfit that Lucy is wearing here was a gift from Vienna's friend Taryn - it was one of her dolls outfits but now that she is a teenager she gave it to Lucy who fits it perfectly, thanks Taryn.

No comments:

Post a Comment