Friday, December 18, 2009

Baby Christmas Stocking

This has been my crafting task over the last week ... A first Christmas Stocking for a gorgeous little girl. The little girl in question had a meltdown in the very busy spotlight the other week when we were trying to buy the calico to use for a base so we didn't manage to get it but luckily Aunt Kat gave us some to use. Some of the ribbons were purchased in the little book/haberdashery store in Raglan, he has some great stuff at reasonable prices, have a look next time you are in Raglan, it is worth squeezing into the tiny store. I don't have a sewing machine so the whole thing has been sewn by hand, it feels like it has taken ages but it has taken less than a week and quite a few of the DVDs lent by Paula the Great. I finished it last night and I am so happy with it, I can't believe it has turned out as good as I had hoped!

3 comments:

  1. Its gorgeous Wendy - Miss Tiny will treasure it when she is old enough to understand

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look absolutely stunning and so worth all the hard work, hand sewing, pricked fingers and frustrating knots... or is that just when I sew??
    Paula the Great xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome Wendy. Even nicer than the picture I had in my head. Well done crafty chick!

    ReplyDelete