Thursday, June 17, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes

In our recent box of goodies from Ashley's cousin in America there were also 3 bags of Reeses Miniature Peanut Butter Cups.

Melinda had recommended that I turn these into cupcakes ... I have seen a number of recipes on the interwebs that use these sweet chocolatey treats but in true Miss Wendy style I decided to freestyle it.

I pulled out that fantastic Edmonds Cookbook Cupcake Recipe and got to adapting it ... I added some peanut butter in when creaming the butter and sugar, added lots of dark cocoa and chopped peanut butter cups.

I frosted them with chocolate frosting and I had seen some cupcake toppers on the interwebs made using peanut butter cups and vanilla frosting so I finished the whole peanut butter and chocolatey goodness off with these.
They were YUMMY, the girls at scrap booking agreed with me and I think that Carrie's family even got to sample some.

No comments:

Post a Comment