Friday, June 25, 2010

Free Baking

One of the Mum's from La Leche League enlisted my help with the baking for her son's allergy free birthday party. The birthday boy and some of his friends have lots of allergies and can't eat the usual birthday party goodies. Anita came over armed with some acceptable packet mixes and I got busy adapting, baking and decorating goodies for the birthday party.

The goodies were gluten free, corn free, egg free and dairy free but came out tasting great. I decorated them using gluten free chocolate, lemon icing (using gluten free icing sugar), coconut and crushed corn syrup free lollipops.

Devun loved his goodies and his 3rd birthday was a success!

I enjoyed the experience but am grateful that I usually don't have to follow such strict guidelines.








1 comment: