Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I'm Guilty

Of a lack of bogging lately. I had a busy weekend in Hamilton with Kat and family, followed closely by a major head cold! Being sick while Ashley was away and having to try to look after the little girl SUCKED!!!

While in Hamilton with Kat I went along to Kowhai (the Steiner based Centre she works at) and helped with dyeing some new veils for the centre. Veils are pieces of muslin that the children use for everything - dressups, baby wraps or blankets, tablecloths, imaginary play etc. They are so appealing to me and it was a very cool experience to go along and be a part of their community for the afternoon and be helpful. Kat took some photos of the veils drying in the wind (they looked sooo gorgeous and colourful dancing in the wind) but I don't have one to share yet.

Recently I read on the internet the idea of choosing 5 little things in your day to be grateful for - just little things, not the big stuff that of course we are grateful for. I have been trying to do this each day and I think that stopping to make a little list does make me smile and bring things into perspective on a hard day. I thought I would share yesterday's list with you (feel free to add your list to the comments below - I would love to have some smiles as I read your lists):

1. I got a comment from Marie who LOVED the Grandma's Brag Book I send down for her.
2. I found the missing key for my antique picnic set, YAY!!!
3. Lisa came today and did the cleaning.
4. Peter Walsh was on Oprah and he inspired me to start sorting out my jewely pile that has never been sorted since we moved here (in March last year!) - that is where I found the missing key ???
5. Ashley came home from Melbourne!!!

5 comments:

  1. 1. Sushi.
    2. Pamela Allen for writing awesome stories.
    3. The cat curled up next to me.
    4. Water because ours is turned off right now.
    5. Our friends the Dawsons because they let me come over and fill up 5 milk bottles so we can flush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. My daughter gets to have her main lesson teacher for more of the day( previously split between teachers because of funding)
    2.my stack of craft supplies - cant find a scarf ... knit one!
    3. reading inspiring blogs like this to make me do things like this.
    4.my girls and I ARENT sick
    5. my bed at the end of the day... and finally that when i get into it Emily is going to sleep in hers and i dont have to get out of mine to put her back.

    thanks miss wendy
    xx k

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. A husband who looks after me when I'm sick
    2. Having Aiko come to visit
    3. Cream Donuts
    4. Wireless Broadband
    5. Nurofen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am grateful for...
    1. Being able to laugh at myself despite the harsh realities of the real world
    2. A loving and supportive husband particularly his patience and support while I continue to look for employment (still)
    3. The gift of communication - being able to write about my feelings, thoughts, beliefs, hopes and dreams
    4. Finding the strength to keep going every day even when things seem at their lowest, hardest, worst and most challenging
    5. Friends who are there with a kind word, support, encouragement and love when it is needed and who aren't afraid to call me on it when I'm not making the most of my potential or the opportunities before me

    Thank you Miss Wendy..

    P xxxxx

    ReplyDelete