Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy

Today would have been my Daddy's 62nd Birthday ... it is also the 9th Anniversary of his parting. I know that he is shining on us from where ever he is now and smiling at his little Grand-daughter.

My Daddy was one of those extra special people who walk on this earth, he would give you all he had, help with anything in his power and always put others first (especially Me! - his little girl).

On the 5th Anniversary I discovered that May 12th is also Florence Nightingale's Birthday and International Nurses Day, it was kind of a kick in the pants from my Dad to do something nice for the amazing nurses at Waikato Hospital ICU who were so amazing in their care of him. So I started a tradition of taking those amazing nurses some yummy Miss Wendy baking, I'm sure that they appreciate and enjoy it and I love the feeling of knowing that Daddy approves.

This year Vienna came with me and we braved the blustery weather and drove down from Auckland to deliver Best Ever Banana Muffins and Rolled Oats and Chocolate Chip Cookies (with a caramel twist - I ran out of condensed milk and in true Daddy style made do with what I had and added some caramel instead ... mmmmmm yum!).



The receptionist remembered me from previous visits and welcomed me, the staff nurse that I spoke to also remembered me and said that the love the baking and that it is so nice to be remembered.


Vienna got to wear her party dress since it was Grandad's Birthday, she looked super cute and wooed everyone she saw!

No comments:

Post a Comment