Thursday, March 18, 2010

Northland Holiday

For my birthday Ashley took Vienna and I away for a night, we decided to head up North as Ashley hasn't been that way and I wanted to show him what I had seen when I went up to stay with Val and Andrew in 2008. Ashley climbed Tokatoka Point (I had already had the pleasure and wasn't keen to repeat it with a baby to carry), we stopped at Tane Mahuta - the oldest Kauri tree in New Zealand ( @ 2000 years old), spent the night at Opononi Resort, then carried on to Whirinaki and had a lovely visit with Val and Andrew, and lastly carried on to Whangarei to visit Poppa and Margaret.

BIG tree, little girl.







Bush walking baby (and Daddy).






Opononi Beach - so gorgeous, we walked for ages along it.



The view from outside our little unit, back from our walk.




I think we made Poppa's day! He loved meeting Vienna.


We had a most lovely 2 days away.

3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful poppa and V pic.! gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tears swelling in my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can just feel the love between these two.

    ReplyDelete