Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In Hospital

We have had an interesting start to our year, with me and Vienna doing some hospital time. Thankfully it was me that was admitted not Vienna. I had mastitis in my left breast and spent the night of 3rd January in Ward 10 at Middlemore. Vienna came and stayed with me, she had work to do to keep draining the breast of as much milk as possible. They kindly ordered her a bed of her own ... but when it came ... it was quite huge! She slept sideways in it overnight and all around it during the day! It makes her look so little.

I was discharged on the 4th with more antibiotics but they didn't quite do the trick so was back again on the 8th for another couple of nights, in Ward 34E this time. I had surgery on the evening of the 9th to drain a big abscess that had formed (125mls - YUK), after 20 something hours with no food - very draining and tiring while still breast feeding. Vienna went home with Daddy while I was in surgery but she wasn't happy without her Mum and gave him quite a hard time, poor Ashley! For this stay Vienna had a more regular sized bed (a basinet from the Maternity Ward) that was on wheels and had potential for some great games! And walks up and down the corridor once Mum was feeling better. I was discharged on the 10th and was happy to be out in the fresh air! though still sore and achy and with a big hole in me. So keep an eye out over the next few days while I catch up on my postings and letting you know what else we have been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment