Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Camp Challenge - October 2010

Camp Layout 2

Each Scrapbook Camp we have a camp challenge where we are given a number of items and a list of instructions and then let loose to create with them. Sometimes I am really inspired by the challenge, other times not so much! This camp I felt a bit of pressure to the challenge as last camp I didn't do it. This time I set out photos twice and then ended up making a layout that was not in anyway the challenge. I think it was the pale baby blue plastic slide that was screwing with my mojo ... so out came the Staz-On and it was no longer baby blue but now matched the felt stars. One of the rules was that we had to do at least one sentence of journalling ... there was a bit of discussion as to how little we could actually get away with and still complete the challenge and be available for judging - I think Glenna won this discussion with her reasoning that if you spelt out the date it counted as journalling! I had a little help from Gypsy with my journalling - thanks hun!

I love this photo of baby Jacob's feet and the black and white photo helped me to not have to match the blue embellishments to the photo.

I really like the finished layout and am very happy with it.


If you want to check out what items we had to work with and what the rules etc were go here http://cazdezign.blogspot.com/2010/09/october-scrapcamp-challenge.html and if you want to see all the finished layouts (including Shannon's winning page) go here http://cazdezign.blogspot.com/2010/10/october-challenge-layouts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment